Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Just another Manic Monday

Ok so there was really nothing Manic about our Monday.  I was just simply trying to make us sound far more interesting than we actually are.  There were some super exciting things that happened in our days however.  Let's back up a bit though.

This weekend was one of the rarest weekends ever.  Mike and one of his best friends hung out on Friday after we dropped the kids off to Grandma for them to spend a week in LA with Aunt Tess and Uncle Jim! I think they are having a blast already and Mike and I are a bit jealous of our kids.  They went to American Girl yesterday and Lanie got her hair done (thank goodness it was a mess) and today they went to a water park.  They don't know it yet but they also have tickets to go to Lego Land this week!  These two are being crazy spoiled by Grandma and Aunt and Uncle.  So anyway back to us not being manic or exciting.  Friday night I took my Kindle to Panda Express and sat there and finished a book an bought cleaning supplies at Walmart at the same shopping center and came home and cleaned.  WOW.  Ha ha.

Mike worked at Cache Creek on Saturday.  He worked for 16 hours plus 3 driving hours.  He got home at 3AM on Sunday and I didn't hear a peep out of him until after 3PM Sunday, Poor guy.  We did get to hang out with our friends Chris and Alyssa for a couple hours Sunday evening so that was nice and the first time I got to see my husband since our kid free week began.  Such is life.

Some great news from the weekend  is that Friday I found out for sure that I got a job!!! YES!  Let the celebration begin!  :)  I am now working at Destiny Christian Pre-School as the Kindergarten Teacher's Assistant.  I am super excited!  I am working with wonderful people and I had my first day today!  I am just worked three hours a day for the next two weeks and then around Mid August I will start working the full days.

Some great news for today is that Extant (Our Acoustical Consulting business) has been getting a lot of interest lately and Mike had an absolutely WONDERFUL meeting today with a huge construction company!  They signed a contract today at a meeting and it looks like Extant will have a good amount of business from this company in the future.  Extant has a job this Thursday as well and had many other people interested along with a job that will be starting soon hopefully that will involve us working with a company on an ongoing basis.  This is SUCH GOOD NEWS!  We just hope and pray this company continues to grow, continues to bless others and for our family to be able to have a living.  We pray that Extant will let us be servants of the gifts and talents we have been given as we try to reach out to churches that have Audio and Visual issues and help them solve them for a discounted rate.  I just know God has a plan!

Well, I don't know that I can sit in this office much longer.  For those of you who know my father, let's just say Mike is in major competition with him tonight.  It's time for a breath of fresh air.  This Carr is heading out of the shop!

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment