Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Climb--A story about a walk I went on about a month ago.

I don’t even know where to begin but I know that this afternoon brought me some clarity, rejuvenation and hope.   I have been struggling with a lot lately but besides the whole we don’t have money and we both need to find jobs part… the biggest thing I have struggled with is my weight.  It’s not new news to anyone it is just a part of me at this point, but I am seriously tired of it being a part of me.  I gave up soda when I came back from St. Louis and I haven’t really missed it too much.  I am addicted to unsweetened iced tea now but I think that is a step in the right direction.  Today I felt cute in what I wore to church (it’s the little things) and when I got back I decided my puppy and I needed some quality time together and we went for a walk.  I decided to challenge myself a little bit and walk up this HUGE hill that you just keep climbing and climbing… It seems so much smaller when you drive it.  As I was hiking up this hill I keep telling myself and Gus… just a little bit further, a little further.  I would get to the spot that I thought was the top of the hill and it was just a little bit further.  The hill seemed to never ever end.  Once we got to the top, I decided to walk to the corner (it was flat ground for a while).  As I got to the top I loved the relief of the breeze and just not climbing any more. 
I turned around and started to head back and oh my goodness.  The view was beautiful!  Rocklin was beautiful. You could see the beauty, you could see the mountains and it was absolutely lovely.  I realized at that moment that this right here is life.  The climb, the view, the pain, the relief the breeze, the storm clouds I saw, it was all LIFE.
Our family is climbing a hill right now.  It seems to get steeper and steeper the more we climb.  I feel like we are coming to the top of that hill, oh Lord I pray we are coming to the top of it.  If we are I know that we will have an amazing view soon.  That view is amazing as you start to head down the hill but I also know that when we get to the bottom of the hill you can’t see that same view.  We will have another hill to climb, we will have another battle to overcome, we will have the joy of knowing what the view is and the courage to keep pressing on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment